- Flower Mirror RevisitedI chose to revisit this design made a number of years ago because many people have expressed interest in the mirror. I designed Flower Mirror Revisited to use rescued Bubinga. The soft curves of the mirror allow the light to dance across the surface of the wood. As with many […]
- GalacticaI was able to rescue Spalted Maple from a fallen tree for this one-of-a kind mirror. Because Spalted Maple is consistently inconsistent in appearance it is in high demand. Each piece is unique and very different from the next piece. As wood decomposes it picks up mineral deposits from the […]
- Flower MirrorFlower Mirror is crafted in beautiful Bubinga wood. My client is a still life painter who loves to use flowers in her work. I presented her with designs with her love of flowers in mind. She liked this variation as soon as she saw it and asked how long it […]
- Asian Interpretation MirrorI chose Walnut and Wenge to highlight the design and offer a different combination of woods. With this variation of Asian Interpretation Mirror the carved face and cord focus the viewer’s attention purely on the shape. Walnut offers the furniture artist the advantages of being pleasant to work with and […]
- Park AvenuePark Avenue is hand carved from one board of rescued American Black Walnut. To allow the natural beauty to show through I used a clear hand rubbed finish.
- JulietteJuliette Mirror is made from rescued Black Walnut wood.
- Curly Maple MirrorCurly Maple Mirror has several soft curves adding interest to the piece. The free flowing form plays with the tiger maple, notice the round shapes toward the bottom of the mirror showing off the figure of the wood very nicely. Also the ribbon effect on the left side of the […]
- High SocietyHigh Society is made from rescued Walnut wood and has a wonderful presence, unifying a room, and pulling together other furniture elements. I offered to make a mirror for our bedroom to go between two new glass Art Deco lamps. Among the many designs I drew, this one intrigued me the […]